Sunday, March 17, 2013

What I've read this semester

All of these short stories, poems, and essays were found in the Pushcart Prize, 2012 edition. Mishti Kukur, by Deborah Thompson; My Sky Diary, by Claire Bateman; Spell Against Gods, by Patrick Phillips; Glad to be Human, by Irene O'Garden; Theory of Lipstick, by Karla Huston; Family Math, by Alan Michael Parker; Dark Horse, by Lisa Couturier; and Little Wet Monster, by Chad Sweeny. My favorite short story was Mishti Kukur, mostly because it wasn't just a great story, but really touched the heart of this dog lover. The worst to read was Dark Horse, for nearly the same reasons, except it involved horses. My Sky Diary was nice in a very confusing way - it needed multiple readings to understand. Most of the poems were like that, especially Little Wet Monster, which became especially tragic after analysis. However, analyzing poems is something I'm very bad at, so I'll just have to take other's word for what they came up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment