Monday, October 1, 2012

Thoughts on Nephilim

Nephilim by L. Annette Binder was about a lady in the seventies who had a condition where she grew incredibly tall. Not overly, just seven feet. It talks mostly about Freda's later years and her relationship with a young boy in the neighborhood as he grows up.
This was a decent story. Not my favorite so far, but it was okay in its own right. I liked reading about the lady's life more than reading about the nephilim - the Biblical giant creatures that Freda seems to associate with.
The little boy - Teddy - was written very well. There was a very clear little boy's voice in my head when I read his parts. Reading about the gold Gremlin was the best part. Both of my parents had that car as their first cars - my dad's was orange. Nothing says first 70s car like a Gremlin.
If there was any sort of underlying theme or intended purpose to this piece, I didn't pick up on it. I just enjoyed it as a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment